Create rulers to check measurements of particular parts of 2D Patterns/ Internal Shapes/ Graphics.
Main Menu ▶ 2D Pattern ▶ Pattern Measure ▶ Point of Measure
2D Toolbar ▶ Point of Measure
- Select the tool/menu indicated in Location.
- Left-click on a pattern or the 2D window to start creating a ruler.
3. Double click the endpoint or hit Enter to complete creating the ruler.
→ A single POM is created and added to Object Browser ▶ POM Tab.
→ The length of the line linking two Patterns (one that is not placed within Patterns) is not included in the measurement.
- Hold down the Shift key to display vertical, horizontal, and 45º guidelines based on the clicked point.
- To cancel while creating POM, press down the Backspace key, ESC or Ctrl + Z keys on the keyboard.
- While creating POM, right-click to enter Distance Moved.
- While creating POM, click while holding down the Ctrl key to create a curved POM.
- Check 3D Length in the Property Editor after creating POM.
- Pattern Outlines and Internal Lines can be traced as POM.
- If there is grading information in the pattern that created the tape measure, the length is displayed by grading size in the POM tab. (ver 6.1)