Welcome to my first post in CLO Community!
I know some people like myself like to start from 2D patterns when creating garments, so today I am going to share a tip for making basic bodice pattern in CLO.
I hope this helps!
You can watch the tutorial video here.
1) After importing an avatar , I started creating new pattern blocks with Polygon tool.
2) Then you can start drawing along the grey shadow ( avatar ) in 2D window. To draw straight line, press Shift, and you can create curved lines by pressing Control key while drawing the lines.
3) After creating the first half of the pattern you can copy it with linked editing so now you'll have a front bodice. You can Crtl + C Ctrl + V the pattern sets as the back.
4) Apply the patterns onto the avatar with arrangement points and add sewing lines to turn it into a top.
5) You can start altering the pattern's shape. I normally use Edit Pattern tool / Edit Curvature tool. Remember to simulate it to see the changes.
6) So after you have got what you needed, you can simply export the pattern blocks into DXF - ASTM format and you are ready to create awesome designs! :)