Applicable for: September 2020 release (version 5.2.382) and later
More details: CLO system requirements in detail
System requirements for CLO software
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) 1)
Apple macOS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.2 (Big Sur)
|Processor||AMD® or Intel® 64-bit multi-core processor 2)|
|Memory||8 GB or more of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)|
|Graphics card||Nvidia® GeForce GTX 960 or Quadro P2000 or higher 3)|
|Hard disk space||3 GB for installation (20+ GB recommended)|
|Monitor resolution||1920x1080 (2560x1440 recommended, 4K display available)|
|Pointing device||3-button mouse (highly recommended)|
|Network||Internet connection is necessary for CLO authentication|
1) Strongly recommend to complete Windows update and patches: Microsoft guide
2) AMD 2nd-Gen Ryzen 5 or Intel 6th-Gen i7 or higher
3) CLO utilizes Nvidia CUDA acceleration technology for CLO GPU-Simulation and Rendering. So computers with only Intel Graphics or AMD GPU do not benefit from hardware acceleration that speeds up CLO simulation and rendering. In a non-Nvidia GPU equipped computer, calculations necessary for CLO simulation and rendering are performed on the CPU, and the visual quality of these results is the same.
- BootCamp in macOS, Virtual Machine, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Apple iOS, iPad OS, tvOS, Android OS, Windows Mobile, Linux
- CLO does not support 32-bit OS. (e.g. Windows 7 32-bit)
- CLO is not provided as an msi installer. CLI parameters for silent installation are also not provided.
For those who are new to CLO on Mac
- See guide: Unable to run CLO on macOS (link)
Latest Nvidia graphics card driver: Nvidia official download (link)
- Install the latest driver for your graphics card.
- For more information on graphics cards, contact your computer manufacturer or retailer.