List of Contents
Seamlessly generate texture maps with scanned or captured images, and check the results in real-time within the 3D window.
Object Browser ▶ Fabric ▶ Texture Generator
- Click the tool/menu indicated.
→ Texture Generator Opens.
- Click Open at the left bottom of Texture Generator to open the texture image.
→ The size and resolution of the textures loaded are displayed at the top.
→ For XTEX files, other maps (Normal map, Opacity map etc.) in the folder are automatically loaded.
- Find and click on the minimum area where the fabric pattern repeats. ▶ Drag to select.
→ The optimized result analyzed within the selected area will show up.
→ The analyzed result is repeated in the preview window at the bottom.
- To adjust the area, move the point of the selected area.
→ It is analyzed automatically again within the selected area.
- To maintain the selected area, click Manual at the right bottom of the selected area.
→ The selected area is maintained and repeated.
The options below can be set only in Auto mode since they work based on the analyzed results.
- Fabric Type
Select fabric type for more accurate analysis.
The analysis is based on Normal Map, thus it is only vaild with the existence of Normal Map.
- Plain: Solid fabric without repeated patterns.
- Repeat Pattern: Fabric pattern is regular.
- Random Color Pattern: Fabric pattern is irregular.
Adjust the value to equalize the difference in brightness caused by crease in the fabric.
※ Note: Depending on the fabric, some colors or patterns may be distorted. Refer to the attached image. below.
When the connected part of the fabrics are not smooth by crease in the fabric, align weave areas equally.
- Show/Hide Grid
Click Show/Hide icon in Preview window at the bottom to check the grid of the repeated texture.
- Click Save at the bottom to save the generated texture as Image file.
→ Save Textures window appears.
- Select the textures and map type to save and click OK button.
→ Each map name is automatically applied after the set name and saved as PNG files.
- When the texture generating is complete, click the Apply & Close button at the bottom right of Texture Generator.
→ The texture is applied to the fabric simultaneously and the Texture generator is closed.
Good monring, I have a question :
Once I manage to open an image in the texture editor (plus button in the fabric menu, "open" at the bottom of the new window) it doesn't let me do anything else... no changing the fabric type o the equalize amount, I can't even press apply & close. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or there's something else going on, could you help me with this issue?