Download exercise file for Simulation Instability - The Entire Garment
- This tutorial will cover how to resolve Simulation instability of the entire garment.
- Open the file, Simulation Instability The Entire Garment, for this exercise. (Download the practice files before starting this tutorial.)
- To do so, navigate to the CLO Tutorial folder, which was previously added in the Introduction to CLO tutorial, within the Library. Go to E_Fixes, then b_Simulation Instability The Entire Garment. Double click on the file, Simulation Instability The Entire Garment, or drag and drop it into either the 3D or 2D Window.
- Activate Simulate and check for Simulation instability. Immediately after Simulate is turned on, the Patterns will collide with one another and cause the garment to shake uncontrollably. This is due to improper Pattern placement during Pattern Arrangement.
- Reset 3D Arrangement (All)
- Select the Reset 3D Arrangement (All) tool from the 3D Toolbar. The Patterns will return to their Arrangement prior to Simulation in the 3D Window.
- Arranging Layered Patterns
- Change to a Front or Side view in the 3D Window. Use the Gizmo tool to separate the outer and inner layers of the garment. Pull the outer layers out and away from the Avatar. Push the inner layers closer to the Avatar.
- Activate Simulate to check that the garment Simulates properly.