Download exercise file for Adding Ruffles
- Open the file, Dress_Ruffle, for this exercise. (Download the practice files before starting this tutorial.)
- To do so, navigate to the CLO Tutorial folder, which was previously added in the Introduction to CLO tutorial, within the Library. Go to C_Details, then g_Adding Ruffles. Double click on the file, Dress_Ruffle, or drag and drop it into either the 3D or 2D Window.
- Drafting the Front Ruffle
- Select the Rectangle tool from the 2D Toolbar to draft the front ruffle. Click and drag on the 2D grid and create a rectangular Pattern that is longer than the front hem edge.
- Creating the Back Ruffle
- Copy and Paste the front ruffle Pattern to create the back ruffle.
- Select the Transform Pattern tool from the 2D Toolbar. Right click on the front ruffle Pattern in the 2D Window. Select Symmetric Pattern (with Sewing) from the pop-up menu.
- A ghost of the copied Pattern will follow the mouse cursor. Click on the 2D grid to Paste.
- Use the Segment Sewing tool to sew the ruffles to their respective dress hemlines.
- Use Superimpose to easily arrange Patterns based on their Sewing Lines.
- Using the Select/Move tool, select the ruffle Patterns in the 3D Window. They will be highlighted in yellow to indicate they have been selected. Right click either of the ruffles to access the pop-up menu. Select Superimpose(Side) to set the ruffles at the sweep of the dress.
- Use the tool from the 2D Toolbar to sew the side seams of the ruffles together.
- Click on the Simulate icon in the 3D Toolbar to drape.