Simulation Instability - Layered Patterns and the Gizmo ToolFollow
Download exercise file for Simulation Instability - Layered Patterns and the Gizmo Tool
- This tutorial will cover how to detect and resolve problems that may occur during Simulation.
- Open the file, Simulation Instability Layered Patterns and the Gizmo Tool, for this exercise. (Download the practice files before starting this tutorial.)
- To do so, navigate to the CLO Tutorial folder, which was previously added in the Introduction to CLO tutorial, within the Library. Go to E_Fixes, then d_Simulation Instability Layered Patterns and the Gizmo Tool. Double click on the file, Simulation Instability Layered Patterns and the Gizmo Tool, or drag and drop it into either the 3D or 2D Window.
- Improper Pattern Arrangement
- There is a higher chance of Simulation instability when Patterns, especially multi-layered garment Patterns, are not Arranged properly in the 3D Window. In addition, there needs to be sufficient space between the layers. To prevent collision between the Patterns, they need to be rearranged.
- Rearranging Patterns With the Gizmo tool
- Change to a Front view in the 3D Window by pressing the 2 key on the keyboard. Use the Gizmo tool to separate the outer and inner layers of the garment. Pull the outer layers out and away from the Avatar. Push the inner layers closer to the Avatar.
- Activate Simulate and wait until the 3D Garment is fully Simulated before turning it off.
- Refining Patterns With the Pin tool
- Some portions of the placket Pattern of the jacket may still be caught in the jacket front, causing unstable Simulation. Use the Pins to pull out the placket Pattern. While Simulate is turned on, select the Select/Move tool from the 3D Toolbar. Holding down the W key, click and drag the part of the placket Pattern that needs to be adjusted—a red Pin will be added to the pattern. Repeat until the placket Pattern is properly adjusted. Once the placket Pattern is fully adjusted, right click on the placket Pattern to access a pop-up menu. Navigate to Pin > Delete All Pins. All Pins will be removed.