Register a custom OBJ file as Button.
Main Menu ▶ Materials ▶ Button ▶ Register Button
Property Editor ▶ Shape ▶
Please check below requirements before registering an OBJ as a button.
ℹ️ From CLO 7.3, no 1, 2 requirements are not necessary and can be set at registration.
- Position the face of an OBJ towards Y-axis.
- Position the contact point of an OBJ where it should be attached to 3D garments at 0,0,0 (x,y,z) coordinates.
- The unit of OBJs must be in mm.
Please check the attached OBJ file in your 3D modeling program for better understanding.
- Please maintain the number of vertices of an OBJ below 1000 to avoid speed issues.
- The distance between an OBJ and the ground should be 0. (You can adjust the distance in CLO. Button Property Setting ▶ Thread Length (cm))
Select the tool/menu indicated in Location.
→ Register Button window appears.
After setting the following options, Click OK.
Property Description Basic Set the name of the button file. File Size If the OBJ shape is different for each button size, click the + button on the top right to register as buttons of various sizes. Size Name Set the size name. OBJ
Load the OBJ file to be registered with the button. Select Mesh
Set the mesh for the buttons and thread. OBJ Load the OBJ file to be registered with the button.
Set the width/thickness/weight of the button. Set as Default Set the size to be applied by default when changing with the button. Axis Conversion
Switch axis of OBJ files in real time. Preview
The imported OBJ file will be previewed.
CLO ▶ Assets ▶ Materials ▶ Hardware_and_Trims ▶ Button & Buttonhole ▶ Button
Set the name of the OBJ file for each thread type to *_Cross.obj, *_Parallel.obj , *_Square.obj.
- Register the created OBJ file as a button.
- Save the created *_Cross.btn, *_Parallel.btn , *_Square.btn files in the path below.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\CLO\Assets\Materials\Hardware_and_Trims\Button & Buttonhole\Button
- Run CLO and change the type of the thread in the button property window > Type > Thread Type.