How to resolve certificate authentication issues after installation in Windows.
※Note: Please make sure to download both certificate files from the links below to allow the program to run properly. The certification files are attached at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the link to download the Certificate_1(certificate.crt) / Certificate_2(IntermediateCA.crt) file.
- Navigate to the folder where the Certificate file was downloaded.
- Right-click on the Certificate file, then click on Install Certificate.
- Select Local Machine, then click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store then click Browse...
- Click on Show physical stores at the bottom of the window.
- Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.
- Click on Registry, then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Review the information, then click Finish.
- The import was successful message appears, then click OK.
- Start the CLO program.
※ Note: Should OPTION 1 fail to solve the issue, please use OPTION 2.
- Click on to the link to download the Certificate_1 (certificate.crt) / Certificate_2 (IntermediateCA.crt) file.
- Click on the Start button, then run CMD.
- In the command prompt, input cd location of the downloaded certificate file, then press Enter on the keyboard.
Path Cannot be Located Issue
Confirm if there is a space after cd
Confirm that the file path to where the downloaded file is located is correct.
- In the command prompt, input
"certutil -addstore -user -f root certificate.crt" /
"certutil -addstore -user -f root IntermediateCA.crt"
then press Enter on the keyboard.
- Start the CLO program again.